Thursday, May 22, 2008

Notes from the Universe

For a long time now I've been receiving "Notes from the Universe" in my email inbox each morning. They're little (somewhat) personalized messages meant to give your day a boost, and most of them are funny and sweet. Every now and again, though, I'll find one that strikes me particularly profound, even if it's meant to be whimsical. Like today's:


To clarify, Sarah, the primary roles of LOVE are not to heal, fix, or mend. Not to soothe, cure, or ease. Not even to refresh, rejuvenate, or restore. Hardly.

The primary roles of LOVE, Sarah, are to "Yahoo!" "Yeehaa!" and "Whoohooo!"

Get your love on,
The Universe

You were born to love, Sarah, no matter the cost, no matter what someone else said, and no matter how the past once played out.



Ooh, I do like that last part. Something I should repeat to myself on a regular basis, yeah?

No comments: