Monday, September 1, 2008

In Need of an Exorcism?

I haven't shopped for food in weeks, nor done any of my homework. I'm escaping the city every weekend. My condo is a mess. I'm drinking too much. I'm proud that I even remembered to pay the bills today.

THIS IS NOT ME.

Sarah, hyper-organized, optimistic, always punctual, always on-task, works to the best of her ability, cleans things to calm herself, cooks her own meals, eschews sitting on the internet all day.

Who is this person that's taken over my body? A part of me is aware that I just went through a difficult year and have finally come out on the other side clean, so to speak... so at this point I am most likely allowing myself to grieve fully. But still. I feel so entirely incorrect that it's frustrating; I know the steps to take to put myself right again, but I can't quite drag myself out of the funk enough to take them.

I'm painting my bedroom today. Perhaps some loud jazz and primer fumes will clear my head.

No comments: