Monday, September 8, 2008

Some Fantastic Advice

Me: My love life is a mess, Cass! How did this happen?

Cassie: It is exactly what it should be. I think that it is rare that at 23 you would be settled down and comfortable. I wasn't. And anyone that I know who was regrets it. Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I know that sounds ridiculous, but the truth is that anyone you find now has almost zero chance of being your lover and man for the rest of your life. You have so many changes that you are verging on, and in them you will lose yourself as you know it. That alone is enough to tear a relationship apart. So, it's a mess, just the way it should be.

But the beauty in all of what I just said is that you come out on the other end, and things are not so messy, you know yourself better and have a better (WAY BETTER) idea of what you want and need in a man.

Which is why I suggest you date all to hell. And kiss all of them.

And feel a tiny bit sorry for them, because they won't get to see what turns out. But you know inside, that what will be eventually will be partially contributed by them.

Me: That's wonderful-- all of that. Haha! Thanks, Cassie.

Cassie: I am glad you think so, because there are few that would actually understand what I just said. :) You are welcome.

No comments: